Thursday, November 19, 2009

Seasons Restaurant, onboard Spirit of Tasmania I

"I felt like I was on a luxury cruiser liner"

My roadtrip from New South Wales to Victoria had come to an end, and now it was time for my overnight trip aboard the Spirit of Tasmania before arriving back in good old Tassie. I'd purchased the cheap-o 'Ocean View Recliner' seat for the journey, so I figured I should at least splash out on a decent meal!

I jumped aboard and headed straight to the restuarant to make a reservation- glad I did as so many people had to wait a long time for a seat. I was greeted warmly by the maitre-d who introduced my waiter for the evening and welcomed me. The waiter then brought over some water, bread rolls and took my order for a glass of Roseveares Pinot Noir- (I was in the mood for Red :)

I jumped straight to the mains and ordered the marinated Lamb Cutlets, on a bed of mash. The cutlets were so tasty, and cooked to perfection. Even though I was in a classy restaurant, I couldn't resist the urge to finish off the bones with my fingers as it was just so beautiful!

I didn't want my meal to end, so I ordered 2 desserts- the apple crumble (which was the special) and a sticky date pudding. The apple crumble was more of an apple cake- less crumble, and the sticky date pudding was admittedly a bit dry and could've used more caramel sauce, however, it didn't detract from my overall experience. I took the waiter's suggestion of a nice NZL Riesling to wash down my dessert, and the meal ended on a good note.

Nothing could've outdone those lamb cutlets. For a reformed Vegetarian to be eating off the bone means it must've been good!

THE VERDICT


FOOD & FLAVOUR- thumbs up

EXECUTION & PRESENTATION- thumbs up

SERVICE & ATMOSPHERE- thumbs up

OVERALL: thumbs up 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment